Automotive Parts Manager
The Parts Manager strives to return a satisfactory profit on dealer capital invested in parts inventory. They will accomplish objectives through the use of proper purchasing procedures, inventory control, staff utilization, security, pricing, merchandising, displaying, and advertising.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
• Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all parts department staff.
• Prepares and administers an annual operating budget for the parts department.
• Maintains a balanced inventory consistent with the requirements of the service department, body shop, wholesale accounts, and the do-it-yourself public.
• Establishes pricing parameters in each customer category that generate sufficient gross profit and produce a satisfactory profit while maintaining customer loyalty.
• Establishes individual parts inventory levels and balances them for maximum turnover.
• Ensures that parts inventory turns.
• Monitors and adjusts inventory to minimize obsolescence.
• Ensures that all parts are properly tagged so that the dealership recovers full credit from the factory.
• Supervises stock order procedures.
• Sets and enforces a policy on the special ordering of parts.
• Analyzes sales, expenses, and inventory monthly to maintain profit goals.
• Develops and administers an aggressive wholesale parts program to produce profit.
• Ensures that the same high quality level of service provided to outside customers is also provided to internal dealership customers.
• Works with the service manager and body shop manager to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed for internal jobs.
• Attends managers’ meetings.
• Holds weekly department meetings.
• Analyzes departmental operations and storage layout and revises as needed for maximum effectiveness.
• Provides technical assistance to parts department employees.
• Monitors parts department employees' payroll records.
• Coordinates a prompt, efficient, and timely flow of paperwork.
• Directs shipping and receiving efforts to ensure timely processing.
• Monitors daily reports, and sales productivity.
• Develops and utilizes a lost sales tracking report.
• Directs outside parts and counter sales efforts, including a telemarketing program to keep in contact with customers.
• Develops sales promotions.
• Takes advantage of all manufacturers' inventory co-op advertising.
• Develops, enforces, and monitors guidelines for working with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
• Handles customer complaints immediately and according to the dealership's guidelines.
• Ensures that all dealership purchases are properly accounted for before payment is made.
• Assists in the collection of past-due accounts.
• Supervises custodians to ensure that work area is kept clean.
• Enforces safety requirements, including but not limited to forklift training and operation, processing of MSDS sheets on all products carried, and OSHA Right-to-Know.
• Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that may affect parts sales.
• Maintains professional appearance.
• Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
• High school diploma or the equivalent.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
• One year of supervisory experience.
• Experience in an automotive parts department.
• Excellent communication and managerial skills.
• Some sales experience.
• Will be trained on the dealership’s computer system.
• Ability to operate the department profitably within dealership guidelines.
• Professional personal appearance.
• All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
• All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
• All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver's license.
When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits.
Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
We Would Love To Talk With You!